EXPRESS yourself in the most INTREPID and FEARLESS of theatre companies – one that produces its REINVENTED productions in the never-ending expanse of the GREAT OUTDOORS
Full Year Acting & Technical Apprenticeships
This one-year contract offers recent college graduates the unique opportunity for complete immersion into the world of a nationally recognized, outdoor, site-specific Regional Theatre. With opportunities in PERFORMANCE, STAGE MANAGEMENT, HANDS ON TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE, PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION, and NETWORKING. With an emphasis on training in the context of real-world experiences while working alongside professional Regional Theatre Artists, the Apprenticeship offers young artists emerging from Undergraduate study a competitive edge as they advance towards a career in the theatre.
One year apprenticeships begin on May 15, 2018.
Serenbe Playhouse offers:
- Full-time housing and utilities
- A weekly stipend
- Gym membership
- Masterclass and hands-on work calls in a variety of disciplines led by regional and national artists
- Participation in new play readings, cabarets & pop-up events
- Complimentary tickets to select Atlanta Theatre productions
- ACTING: Roles in all Family Series & select MainStage performances
- ACTING: Opportunities to understudy professional actors
- TECHNICAL: Assistant stage management & design positions
- TECHNICAL: Opportunities to shadow professional designers
- End of year showcase with professional networking opportunities
How to apply:
There are two ways to apply to be an acting or technical apprentice.
- IN PERSON at A1, UPTA, Atlanta Unifieds, SETC
- ONLINE by emailing Ryan Oliveti – firstname.lastname@example.org
IN PERSON AUDITIONS:
If attending one of the four auditions listed above, you will gain further information upon receiving a callback. No additional materials are required at this time.
If not attending one of the four auditions listed above, you may apply online by submitting the following to Ryan Oliveti – email@example.com:
- Headshot & resume
- Cover letter
- QUESTION: What about Serenbe Playhouse and its work inspired you to apply for this apprenticeship?
- Between 500 & 1,000 words
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- ACTORS ONLY: Audition video
- 1 minute monologue
- 32 bar cut of a song
- TECHNICAL ONLY: Portfolio
- Between 5-10 examples
All four of the above items should be sent together in one email.
Deadline for submissions is February 18, 2018.
Email Ryan Oliveti – firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.